How can I stop myself from procrastinating and study for NEET?

How can I stop myself from procrastinating and studying for NEET?

1 Like

Procrastination during the NEET-UG exam is one of the common hurdles faced by aspirants. It is because preparation for NEET Exam is a long journey

1 Like

Here are some points on how to stop procastination Set clear goals and prioritize tasks.

Break down larger tasks into smaller, manageable steps.

Use a planner or to-do list to track progress.

Eliminate distractions.

Use accountability tools such as telling someone or keeping a record of your progress.

Use rewards for motivation.

Practice self-discipline and avoidance of procrastination triggers.

Focus on the present and avoid dwelling on past failures or future outcomes.

Take breaks as needed, but stick to a schedule.

Practice mindfulness and stress management techniques to stay focused.

3 Likes

Procrastination is an all too common challenge that many people face. To help stop procrastinating, it is important to identify the reasons why you are procrastinating. Common reasons include fear of failure, lack of motivation, perfectionism, or feeling overwhelmed. Once you have identified the cause, it is important to create a plan of action.

One strategy is to break large tasks down into smaller, manageable chunks. This can make a daunting task seem more achievable and will help reduce the feeling of being overwhelmed. Additionally, setting realistic and attainable goals with achievable deadlines can help to keep you on track.

Another strategy is to create a distraction-free environment. This may include turning off notifications, turning off the TV, and minimizing internet browsing. Additionally, it can be helpful to find a place to work that is free of distractions.

It is also important to practice self-compassion. Beating yourself up for procrastinating won’t help you get the task done. Instead, be kind to yourself and forgive yourself when you make mistakes or fall behind schedule.

Finally, it can be helpful to enlist the help of a friend or family member. Having someone you trust to keep you accountable can be a powerful way to keep you going.

1 Like

My teacher once said:

“Kids! Everybody procrastinates. I know procrastination is bad. You know procrastination is bad. Everybody knows procrastination is bad. And yet, everybody does it. Tomorrow never comes and you keep pulling yourself farther and farther from your goals every time you decide to do things TOMORROW.”

He paused.

“And yet, I know, as soon as you’ll reach your respective homes today, 4 out of 5 of you will forget what I just said, and will end up procrastinating more. Everyone procrastinates. The one who does it the least, ultimately wins.”

What kind of mindset I try having to prevent myself from being on my phone all day long.

Everytime, I feel this irresistible urge to watch one more YouTube video or listen to one more song, I deliberately stop myself and pose a simple question to myself:

“Whom will I be helping by watching this video? This influencer, who already has 5 million subscribers on her channel? I’ll be contributing to her channel growth. But who will contribute to my growth? What will contribute to my growth?”

The answer I get from my brain almost every time is, “CERTAINLY NOT THIS!”

Let’s just start thinking more about ourselves.

Why to give away the most crucial years of our lives to complete strangers and contribute to their success stories, when we can live our own?

I know it’s not practical to follow this all the times(I’m posting this here and helping the Quora team succeed in some way or the other), but, we can surely choose to be more frugal with giving away our times to random frivolities that won’t even matter 5 years down the line.

Other tips that everybody knows about:

Simplifying goals: Defining them in concrete terms. Don’t say, “I’ll study 1 chapter today”. Instead, say, “I’ll study from this page no. to this page no. and solve these many questions. Convincing yourself(and not to the world) you can do something is the biggest mental battle you can win.
Not falling into the cycle of setting humongous targets, not achieving them, getting disappointed with yourself and doing this over and over.
Try setting a routine. If you keep doing math before going to sleep, every night, you’ll soon be able to internalize this habit.
Turning off app notifications in your phone. Minimising distractions. Even in some cases, setting your phone appearance to grayscale. Makes you hate your phone. :smiley:
Taking frequent breaks.
Revising previous day topics on the days you don’t feel up to it.
Doing only a little. But doing so everyday. Not falling out of practice. Cause when you don’t read newspaper one day, you think you’ll read it the next day along with reading the next day’s paper. But it seems all the more difficult and you end up skipping the newspaper for an entire week!

To stop procrastination and study for NEET, you can follow these steps:

1. Set clear and achievable goals: Write down your goals for the day, week, and month, and prioritize them. Make sure your goals are realistic and attainable.
  2. Create a study schedule: Plan a daily study schedule and stick to it. Consider your strengths and weaknesses and allocate time accordingly. Allocate sufficient time for breaks and recreation as well.
  3. Eliminate distractions: Find a quiet place to study, turn off your phone, and eliminate any other distractions that may take away from your focus.
  4. Use the Pomodoro technique: The Pomodoro technique involves breaking down your study time into 25-minute intervals, followed by a 5-minute break. This helps to maintain focus and prevent burnout.
  5. Get organized: Keep your study materials organized and easily accessible. This will save you time and reduce stress.
  6. Stay motivated: Reward yourself for accomplishing your goals and stay motivated by reminding yourself why you want to do well in NEET.
  7. Stay healthy: Get enough sleep, exercise regularly, and eat nutritious food to maintain your physical and mental well-being.
  8. Seek help if needed: Don’t hesitate to seek help if you’re struggling with a particular subject or finding it difficult to focus. Talk to your teacher or mentor for guidance.

Remember, consistent effort and discipline are key to success in any exam. Stay focused, stay motivated, and keep pushing yourself towards your goal.

1 Like
  1. Admit that you’re procrastinating. …
  2. Pick a good study location. …
  3. Eliminate distractions. …
  4. Set Goals You can Reach. …
  5. Work with a study group. …
  6. Reward yourself. …
  7. Take a break. …
  8. Hold Yourself Accountable.