.How do we read HC Verma only to solve questions, or study theory also?

.How do we read HC Verma only to solve questions, or study theory also?

1 Like

During my 11th-12th, HC Verma Physics Part 1 & 2 was the bible of Physics for me. Hence below are suggestions built on my own experience.
Theory:
The theory explains some basic concepts before you start the questions. If you are already going through some coaching then a read through is sufficient. If you are doing

the chapter before class/coaching. Then reading between the lines helps. This means every line needs to be internalized and understood. Out of experience, reading before class helps to understand class better but the theory was better and faster understood after class.

TO START WITH: The books by H.C.Verma are perfect for any student aspiring to crack JEE to especially build a conceptual base. For assurance, it can be easily said that no other book is required for the same. It is strictly advised that only when you are done with Concepts of Physics by H.C.Verma, should you move ahead to refer other books. No other writer plays with force between a horse and a cart in a better way!

ARE THE CHAPTERS ORDER-INDEPENDENT? No. Seriously, no. While Chemistry’s rich content has chapters which can stand out for themselves, reading chapters of Physics in a random order is similar to solving an equation of ellipse without understanding the Cartesian co-ordinates. H.C.Verma has laid out all the chapters in a very specific order which are required to be studied in the same way because the concepts keep building up and the further you venture into chapters, more are the previous concepts put to use.

IS THE BOOK SOLELY SUFFICIENT? Again, no. While we have advised you to begin your journey with H.C.Verma, it is not advised to be content with it. Although the H.C.Verma book brings a truckload of numericals with itself, from JEE point of view, it is not sufficient. The MCQs, on the other hand, are very well designed to tackle specific loopholes students have in the concepts they build after going through the chapter.