How to crack JEE and get AIR 500 or better?
Cracking JEE and achieving an All India Rank (AIR) of 500 or better is a challenging task, but it is possible with the right approach and hard work. Here are a few strategies you can use to improve your chances of success:
- Start early: The earlier you start preparing for JEE, the better. Building a strong foundation in science and math during your high school years will give you a significant advantage in the exam.
- Stay organized: Create a study schedule and stick to it. Make a list of the topics you need to cover, and prioritize them based on importance. Use technology to keep track of your progress and schedule.
- Use a variety of study materials: Use a combination of textbooks, practice questions, and online resources to supplement your learning. There are many resources available such as online tutorials, lectures, practice questions and mock tests.
- Practice regularly: Practice is key to perform well in JEE. Solve practice problems and take mock tests to get a feel for the types of questions you’ll encounter on the actual exam.
- Seek guidance: Seek guidance from experts, such as teachers, mentors, or online resources. They can provide valuable feedback and advice on your performance and help you identify your weaker areas.
- Stay motivated: Remember that preparing for JEE is a long journey, and it requires patience, hard work, and perseverance. Stay motivated and don’t give up easily.
- Time management: Learn to manage your time well, focus on your weak areas, prioritize your work and make the best use of every minute.
- Stay healthy: Take care of your physical and mental health, make sure you’re getting enough sleep, eating well, and taking care of yourself.
- Analyze your performance: Analyze your performance after each practice test, see where you went wrong, what you need to improve and make a plan accordingly.
- Focus on concepts more than rote learning: Instead of just memorizing facts and equations, try to understand the underlying concepts and principles. This will help you to apply your knowledge to new and unfamiliar problems.
It’s important to remember that every student is different and what works for one person may not work for another. However, by following these strategies, you can increase your chances of success in JEE and improve your AIR score.
Here are some tips to crack JEE and achieve an AIR 500 or better:
- Start early: The earlier you start your preparation, the better your chances of success. Begin preparing for JEE at least two years before the exam.
- Create a study plan: Create a study plan and stick to it. Allocate enough time for each subject and make sure you are making progress in your syllabus.
- Practice regularly: Regular practice is the key to success in JEE. Solve as many problems as you can and make sure you understand the concepts behind them.
- Use the right resources: Use textbooks, study guides, and online resources to reinforce your understanding of the topics covered in JEE. Make sure you are using the latest study materials and syllabus.
- Time management: Manage your time effectively. Make sure you allocate enough time for each subject and complete your syllabus on schedule.
- Seek help when needed: If you are struggling with a particular topic, seek help from your teachers or online resources. Don’t hesitate to ask for help if you need it.
- Stay focused and motivated: Stay focused on your goal and don’t let distractions get in the way. Stay motivated and keep a positive attitude even when you encounter challenges.
- Take mock tests: Regularly take mock tests and evaluate your performance. Keep track of your scores and identify areas where you need improvement.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of cracking JEE and achieving an AIR 500 or better.
Here are some tips to get a good rank in JEE.
- Study with concentration. It is always better to study 1 hour with full concentration than studying 2 hours while watching TV.
- Many people will tell you that they studied X hours or you should study X hours for getting a good rank. Remember, quality of hours matter not the quantity. You may study less, but with full focus. It is better to solve 10 different variety problems rather than solving 20 similar problems with just different numerical values.
- Take breaks in between. Remember entertainment is necessary. Make it a part of your preparation rather than making it a way to get away from preparation. But don’t waste time too much.
- Analyze your mistakes. After every test make sure you get the concepts of all questions you got wrong and why you got them wrong before the next test.
- [Consistency] is very important. Instead of studying all night one day and sleeping on the next day, it is better to study for equal hours on both days. Remember JEE is a marathon not a sprint.
- Know which questions to attempt. This is where the smart work part comes. It can boost your rank easily. You must know whether you should attempt or leave the question within 10 seconds of reading it. Your aim is not to score 100% in JEE. Your aim should be to attempt 70-80% questions with an error in max 5%. This comes with practice. Keep on giving tests.
- Some questions can be solved easily if you are a little smart, generally in mains but rarely in advanced. Like for example in Maths you have to give answer in terms on ’n’ you can always put values of n and check amongst the options. Every minute saved is useful.
- Know when to switch. If you always follow a specific order while giving a test, like PCM, you should know that you have to switch to Chemistry or Maths when Physics is hard. Doing hard paper first will waste your time and make you lose confidence. Remember both hard and easy questions carry same marks. Again this comes with practice.
- Lastly, always follow your teachers about any guidance or books. Don’t go on purchasing random books before asking your teachers. They have hundred times more experience than us.