I am having trouble with organic chemistry. How to study it for both JEE Mains and Advance?
me also mmmm…
- Refer to many NCERT Chemistry textbooks when studying for JEE Main Organic Chemistry, according to the following recommendations.
- It is necessary to emphasize general organic chemistry, isomerism, and effects.
- Experts recommend that you complete at least one year of study in General Organic Chemistry, hydrocarbons, alcohol, aldehyde, amines, and alkyl halide before beginning to solve questions for this section of the exam.
- Make a list of everything you remember from each chapter and take revision notes
- Revise your notes regularly to improve your memory and recall
- Prepare a number of questions in advance and practice giving mock exams.
- Make use of additional reference materials to do indepth practice and challenge your preparation.
6 Most important JEE Main Organic Chemistry Topics, Subtopics and Weightage
- Purification and Characterization of organic compounds : Purification, Qualitative analysis, Quantitative analysis
- Some basic principles of organic chemistry: Nomenclature, electronic displacement in a covalent bond, common types of organic reactions- 6.33%
- Hydrocarbons: Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes, Aromatic hydrocarbon- 6.33%
- Organic compounds containing Oxygen: Alcohols, phenols and ethers, Aldehyde and ketones, Carboxylic acid – 8.33%
- Organic compounds containing Nitrogen: Amines, Diazonium salts- 3.00%
- Biomolecules and Polymers: Carbohydrate, protein, vitamins, nucleic acids – 5.67%
Join Exprto to help you personally and make you strong in organic chemistry