When should a dropper student start attempting the test series for the NEET 2023?

When should a dropper student start attempting the test series for the NEET 2023?

1 Like

I was a dropper.I cracked neet 2021 after taking 3 drops and prepared from physics Wallah YouTube channel.
According to me if you are a dropper you should attempt mock test from starting.You can start mock test after 1 month study.
Along with attempting mock test also analyse each and every mock test deeply and note down you mistakes.y
You should attempt 1 mock test per week initially.Then in the last 3 months increase it to 3 mock tests per week. You can join the Physics Wallah test series.I joined it during my 3rd drop year.It is more ncert based,so more helpful.

2 Likes

How to analyse test.I am unable to analyse test , that’why my marks are not increasing

What to do any suggestions please.

Hi @ShubhamKumarr @Prerna
Answering both your doubts with this answer.
You need to practice mock papers from the start as you will be completing the chapters start solving there question papers too , this will help you understand your grip in the topic and help you in time management. If you practice at home set a proper timer and solve as if you are doing it at exam.

After giving your paper its very important to analyse the paper to check for your mistakes and work on them. For that check your question paper with the answer key and mark all the questions which you did wrong and left in the exam. And then analyse every question one by one and try to remember what were you thinking at that time that made you do the mistake. Mark your mistake right beside the question and solve the questions once again by yourself. In case of biology or theory part go and revise the theory to clear your concepts once for all.

2 Likes

As a NEET dropper, you should start attempting test series as soon as possible, ideally after you have completed the syllabus for each subject. This will help you assess your understanding of the concepts, identify your weak areas, and improve your preparation. Here’s a general timeline you can follow:

Complete the syllabus for each subject: Aim to complete the syllabus for each subject by the end of February

Start attempting mock tests: From March, start attempting mock tests and test series on a regular basis, at least once a week.

Analyze your performance: After each test, analyze your performance, identify your weak areas, and work on improving them.

Increase the frequency of mock tests: As you get closer to the exam, increase the frequency of mock tests to 2-3 times a week.

Focus on improvement: Use the feedback from mock tests to improve your preparation and focus on your weak areas.

Remember, the earlier you start attempting mock tests, the more time you will have to improve your preparation and increase your chances of cracking NEET

1 Like

It is recommended that a dropper student start attempting test series for NEET 2023 at least 6 to 8 months before the exam. This will give the student enough time to identify areas that need improvement and work on them.

Early exposure to the test series will also help the student get comfortable with the pattern and format of the NEET exam, and understand the level of difficulty of the questions. This will enable the student to improve their speed and accuracy, and enhance their overall performance in the final exam.

Remember, the key to success in NEET is consistent hard work and smart preparation, so start early and stay focused.
Here are some tips for taking mock tests in the last days of NEET preparation:

1. Simulate the actual exam conditions: Make sure to take the mock tests under the same conditions as the actual NEET exam, such as time constraints, question types, and difficulty level.
  2. Analyze your performance: After each mock test, carefully analyze your performance, paying attention to your strong and weak areas.
  3. Focus on weak areas: Spend extra time and effort on your weaker areas to improve your performance in those areas.
  4. Time management: Make sure to manage your time effectively during the mock tests, and don’t spend too much time on a single question.
  5. Practice previous year papers: Attempt previous year’s NEET papers to get a feel of the actual exam and to understand the pattern and difficulty level of the questions.
  6. Take breaks: Taking short breaks between mock tests is important to help you recharge and stay focused.
  7. Stay relaxed: Don’t get overly stressed or anxious about the mock tests, as this can affect your performance. Stay relaxed and focused.

Remember, mock tests are an important tool for preparing for the NEET exam, and will help you improve your overall performance in the final exam.