3.How do I concentrate on studies and prepare for the IIT JEE?
JEE preparation is the hardest and most challenging part of
your life in my experience. You need to be very focused and
motivated during this time. You can try some of the following steps
to increase your concentration.
- Stay away from distractions. You need to figure out what distracts
you from your studies eg if you use whatsapp or facebook heavily
you need to control it.
- Take frequent breaks while studying. Do not study for more tham
50 minutes at a time. Do your favorite thing during that break. It can
be reading your favorite comic, listening to music or sketching. Dowhatever brings you happiness. But your break should be 5 or 10
minutes, no more.
- Try meditating. I know it’s quite hard to do but trust me it really
helps. You can start with 5 minutes and then you can increase your
time as per your convenience. It refreshes your mind.
- Also check your diet. During this time you need to be in a very
healthy body condition, so you need to eat all kinds of healthy food.
Avoid eating junk food. Try going for walks or playing a favorite
game for a while or once a week. After all, a healthy mind rests in a
- Also keep your thoughts sorted. I mean don’t burden your mind
with unnecessary thoughts because it will reduce your efficiency. If
you come across a distracting thought again and again while
studying, you need to sit quietly for 5 minutes and talk to yourself
that you need to get rid of that thought and then start studying again
- And finally I would say keep reminding yourself of your goal,
never forget why you are studying all this. This will always motivate
you and encourage you to study carefully to achieve your goal.