Best book to use for jee

Which books are good for the jee advanced?

5 Likes

Here are some popular book recommendations for JEE Advanced, separated by subject:

Physics:

• “Problems in General Physics” by I.E. Irodov: This is a comprehensive collection of challenging physics problems, with detailed solutions provided. It’s a great resource for students looking to test and improve their understanding of key concepts in physics.
  • “Fundamentals of Physics” by Halliday, Resnick, and Walker: This is a widely used textbook that covers the fundamental concepts of physics in a clear and thorough manner. It’s a great resource for students who need a solid foundation in the subject.

Chemistry:

• “Physical Chemistry” by P. Bahadur: This book is considered a bible for Physical chemistry and it covers the entire JEE Advanced syllabus in detail. It is known for its detailed explanation of the concepts and a large number of solved examples.
  • “Organic Chemistry” by Morrison and Boyd: This textbook is a comprehensive guide to organic chemistry, with clear explanations of key concepts and a large number of practice problems. It’s a great resource for students looking to deepen their understanding of organic chemistry.

Mathematics:

• “Problems in Calculus of One Variable” by I.A. Maron: This book is a collection of challenging calculus problems, with detailed solutions provided. It’s a great resource for students looking to test and improve their understanding of calculus.
  • “Higher Algebra” by Hall and Knight: This is a classic textbook that covers the fundamental concepts of algebra in a clear and thorough manner. It’s a great resource for students who need a solid foundation in the subject.

It’s important to note that while these books are widely considered to be excellent resources, they may not be the only resources you need to prepare for the JEE Advanced. The best way to prepare for the exam is to use a variety of resources, including practice problems and past papers, in addition to these recommended books.

Best Books For JEE

PHYSICS:

• NCERT Textbooks
  • Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma (Highly Recommended)
  • Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
  • Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
  • IIT Physics by D.C. Pandey
  • Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov

CHEMISTRY:

• NCERT Textbooks
  • Organic Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
  • Organic Chemistry – Peter Sykes
  • Organic Chemistry – M. S. Chauhan
  • Organic Chemistry – Morrison and Boyd (This book covers a lot of topics with extensive detail. Make sure you highlight what is important before you proceed if you have a time constraint)
  • Physical Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
  • Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
  • Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations – R. C. Mukherjee (for practice)

MATHEMATICS:

• Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
  • Objective Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced and Other Engineering Entrance Examinations by R.D. Sharma
  • Trigonometry & Geometry: – Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney
  • Co-ordinate Geometry: – Plane Co-ordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney
  • Algebra: – Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
  • Calculus: – Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
  • Differential Calculus by A. Das Gupta.
  • Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE by Tata McGraw-Hill publications.

Hello @Vermaji

According to me, previous year questions and any one coaching (Allen or Aakash or Narayana or any other coaching) module is sufficient for JEE advanced. Try to clear your concepts by practicing daily questions. Clear all your doubts on daily basis.

If you still have any query or question then you can ask me.

Use this form to book a free demo session with us. (Only available for first time users who have never been a part of the Exprto community before.)

Link - https://forms.gle/QRXmfHBSJNB9BkQ98

Here are some of the widely recommended books for preparing for the JEE Advanced exam:

1. “University Physics” by Francis Sears and Mark Zemansky
  2. “Problems in General Physics” by I.E. Irodov
  3. “Mathematics for JEE Advanced” by Tata McGraw Hill
  4. “Concepts of Physics” by H.C. Verma
  5. “Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics” by A. Das and L. C. Reddy
  6. “Organic Chemistry” by Morrison and Boyd
  7. “Inorganic Chemistry” by J.D. Lee
  8. “Physical Chemistry” by P. Bahadur

It is important to note that these are just suggestions and the best books for JEE Advanced preparation will vary for each individual based on their learning style and pace. Some students may prefer to use multiple books to cover different aspects of the syllabus, while others may find that they are able to prepare effectively using just one or two.

It is recommended to practice as many problems as possible and regularly review the concepts, to ensure that you have a solid understanding of the material before taking the JEE Advanced.