Which are the best books for IIT JEE Chemistry?
It will be better if you join any IIT JEE mentorship program or connect with IIT JEE toppers. They can suggest to you properly which books will be best for preparation. You have to study 3 sections of Chemistry: organic, inorganic and physical. If you are thinking to join any coaching then follow their study materials and practice sets. Here are some books that you can follow:
R C Mukherjee
J D Lee
Cengage’s organic chemistry
With all the books never forget to solve previous years question papers. You can visit the below link to get expert’s answer:
- NCERT Textbooks
- The textbooks of NCERT for classes 11 and 12 are the main books without which you can do nothing.
- Because NCERT textbooks are the main books, you need to study them in detail. Students need to read these textbooks line by line and understand the concepts clearly. There are times when the questions come directly from the NCERT textbooks.
- Thus, students should study the NCERT books first before moving on to any other reference or sample questions book.
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by RC Mukherjee
- The Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations is written by RC Mukherjee. The Solutions assist the learners in ridding the mole concept well.
- The degree of question is just the same as for JEE. Also, all the engineering aspirants should exercise and pertain to it. The book is very useful and wraps a wide range of topics.
- There is an adequate amount of exercise questions after every chapter. A lot of instances help the students elucidate the book’s theories in a very standardised manner. Furthermore, the questions have been evaluated and organised in the improving level of complication. The assumption and examples amount to a decent means to grasp the hindered significance of substantial problems.
- The book proceeds with the notion of empowering a firm organisation in chemical calculations. The authors have encompassed quite a good number of the issues with clues wherever essential.
- The challenge has constantly been to relate a better knowledge of Chemistry’s basic facts and doctrines. They present the book to help the learners educate for the JEE and other engineering and medical examinations. The layout of question papers, especially the JEE, differs from time to time. Recall that Chemistry has not altered. Previously, it used to be particular.
- Another crucial piece of information is that the questions are sometimes too hard for students of +2 level. In that case, you may discuss the book Modern Approach to Physical Chemistry, volumes I and II’ for advanced knowledge of physical Chemistry.
Try to read every chapter incredibly carefully till you have a striking resemblance of the subject in your psyche.
- Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Concepts of Organic Chemistry for JEE is a definitive book for class-12 learners striving for entry into an undergraduate engineering program at prestigious universities across the country.
- The book conforms with the latest syllabus of the Joint Entrance Examination held by the Indian Institutes of Technology.
- It wraps pungent Chemistry, documenting the basics of the subject such as classification and nomenclature before wrapping the several configurations and responses.
- It helps the students build a powerful organisation in the subject to get a benefit over the competition. In expansion, the book includes problems designed after the previous years’ papers so that the learners know what they can anticipate in the examination.
- The book is a creative resource for all students who strive to study at one IIT. About the Authors of this book: Dr O. P. Tandon, Himanshu Pandey and Dr A. K. Virmani.
- Both of them are Indian academicians and writers. Both of them have enormous knowledge in teaching at various levels of education at prestigious Indian universities. They are presently helping with G. R. Bathla Publications in bringing out instructive and beneficial books for learners across the country.
- Concept of Physical Chemistry by P Bahadur
- P Bahadur is a popular figure in Chemistry, and his notes are outstanding among students studying for competitive exams such as JEE and NEET.
- All substantial and repeated questions from previous year’s papers are encompassed in the book.
- This book includes a wide range of the full syllabus with an easy-to-understand language. This book contains 16 chapters, summing up all the physical Chemistry chapters. Those chapters are Gaseous State, Mole and Equivalent Concept, Atomic Structure, Radioactivity, Oxidation-Reduction, Redox Titration, ElectroChemistry, Dilute Solutions, and Colligative Property, Chemical Kinetics, Chemical Equilibrium, Ionic Equilibrium, Thermodynamics, ThermoChemistry, Crystallography, and the Conductance of Solution.
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- This book is a modification of the classic book Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J.D. Lee (fifth edition), widely utilised by learners preparing for engineering entrance examinations.
- This adapted edition furnishes a more straightforward procedure of the subject as per the syllabus requirements but does not negotiate on requisites.
- The justification of fundamental theories is modest and straightforward, giving the right blend of theory and petitions.
- The modification has been accomplished to make the book the best fit for engineering aspirants.
- Physical Chemistry by P.W. Atkins
- This one is a highly honoured and well-established book that develops with every edition to fulfil the needs of recent learners.
- The book provides outstanding mathematical support – including annotated equations, equation checklists, and chemist’s toolkit sections.
- It facilitates the students to triumph in the maths that underlies physical Chemistry.
- Improving problem-solving and analytical skills is energetically motivated by systematically helped examples, self-tests, discussion questions, exercises, and problems.
- A range of other learning details, including brief examples and key concept checklists, are incorporated throughout to assist the students in studying physical Chemistry.
- This hook is also accessible as an e-book with functionality, navigation details, and connections that give additional knowledge assistance. This book’s seventh edition has substantial differences in the structure that enhances digestibility and flexibility.
Join Exprto for important notes of all three subjects