How did you select the books for the IIT JEE?
Consult with IIT JEE toppers and with your teachers they can guide you in a proper way on which books would be good for IIT JEE preparation. Never trust any online recommendation such as you will get many recommendations on google, amazon and flipkart. Regarding the preparation you should consult with them who already faced the exam, or with IIT JEE mentors who has helped many students to crack the examination. Do not select a book by seeing colour pages, printing, well known publishers. You can follow the tips for selecting books for IIT JEE :
• Look at the contents of the book, they should be well explained. And the language of the book is understandable to you.
• It should contain different types of lots of examples, practice problems.
A book will make your preparation easier so it is important to select them wisely. Must include previous years question papers, that will give you an idea of question patterns. And do not buy more than 2-3 books per subject. If you are planning to join coaching then follow their study materials as well.
42. How do I master inorganic chemistry for the JEE Advanced in one month?
Many students think in JEE exam all questions are asked only based on application and concept. But JEE examination also tests your memorizing capacity and thinking ability. Many students give less importance to inorganic chemistry. But if you connect with IIT JEE toppers and talk to them, they will tell you that inorganic chemistry is how much important for the exam. You can consult with IIT JEE mentors they will help you properly what would be the best logical way to study inorganic chemistry. To do master inorganic chemistry you can follow these tips:
• Start with NCERT. Read the inorganic part 3 to 4 times. Read each and every line. Many questions are asked directly from this book.
• Do not try to complete the whole inorganic part within a month. It will give you more stress. Start your preparation as early as possible. You will get more time to revise all the topics.
• While reading make your own notes.
• After completing NCERT you can move forward to other books such as J D Lee, it is a good book for inorganic chemistry.
You can refer to this answer for more information: