How much percentile will I get if I score 90 marks in JEE Mains?

How much percentile will I get if I score 90 marks in JEE Mains?

1 Like

90 days isn’t enough to complete the entire JEE syllabus thoroughly, but you can still get a decent rank if studied with an effective approach.
Considering that you have a good hold over 30% of what you have studied, you can follow the below approach.
You must Focus on weightage-wise strategy i.e. the topics having the most number of questions asked must be covered first.
Now, Yes there is a possibility that such topics may not fall into the 30% of syllabus which you have covered. But still, try to cover the majority of aspects of that specific topic/chapter.
One thing is clear: easy chapters like Modern Physics, Unit Dimensions, etc… mustn’t be skipped at any cost. Such chapters involve more formula-based questions than logic based thereby they become easy to score.
Similarly, In maths, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics, etc., and In Chemistry, Biomolecules, Chemistry in everyday life, etc…
Some chapters of Chemistry like Thermodynamics and Nuclear chemistry are highly resonating with the chapters of physics with just differences in sign conventions. So, covering such chapters of Chemistry and Physics will save you a lot of time rather than studying them individually!!
Idea is to take the maximum out of the minimum by having such small changes in the studying approach and in a systematic way.

the distribution of scores among the candidates. However, a score of 90 marks in JEE Mains is considered to be above average and is likely to put you in a good position compared to other candidates.

To get a better idea of your percentile, you can check the previous year’s JEE Mains cut off marks and percentile scores, as they provide a rough estimate of the level of competition and the scores required to secure a good percentile. Keep in mind that these numbers are subject to change from year to year, so it’s best to focus on preparing well and scoring as high as possible, rather than worrying about the percentile.