How to revise Class 11 while my Class 12 is going on?
- There are about 14 chapters in chemistry.
- Some basic concepts of chemistry -Just have a view on Dalton’s atomic theory. Prepare numericals on MOLE CONCEPT. Be clear with the terms like molar mass , percentage composition , empirical and molecular formula.
- Structure of atom- This is one of the basic chapter . You must have a good command over the chapter. There are many formulas used so write them on a page and revise them on a regular basis. You will encounter many rules such as Aufbau principle ,Pauli exclusion principle, Hunds rule etc. Practice numerical based on electronic configuration
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties - Many question comes from this chapter in JEE main and Advanced. You have to go thorough with the concepts such as atomic radii, ionic radii, ionization enthalpy, electron gain enthalpy and electronegativity etc. DON’T FORGET TO MEMORIZE THE EXCEPTIONS.
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure-Have a clear understanding of VSEPR theories , hybridization involving s, p and d orbitals and shapes of some simple molecules.
- States of matter : Gases and Liquids - You can take this chapter on a lighter note from the competition point of view. Learn concepts such as Boyle’s law, Charles law, Gay Lussac’s law, Avogadro’s law, ideal behaviour, empirical derivation of gas equation, Avogadro’s number and ideal gas equation
- Chemical thermodynamics -An important chapter from JEE main and Advanced point of view. Numericals comes every year in the board exam or in the competition. So prepare numericals well. Practice concepts such as Gibbs energy change for spontaneous and nonspontaneous process, laws of thermodynamics
- Equilibrium - Very important chapter from competition point of view. Le Chateliers principles, ionic equilibrium, ionization of acids and bases degree of ionization etc should be practiced.
- Redox Reactions - Conceptual Questions from topics such as oxidation number, balancing redox reactions, in terms of loss and gain of electrons and change in oxidation number, applications of redox reactions are asked frequently.
- S-block elements - This chapter comes under inorganic section. It is advisable to mug inorganic section.
- Some p block elements- This chapter also comes under inorganic section so the same advice.
- Organic chemistry and some basic principles and techniques - To get an edge over your peers you must excel this chapter. Many peoples find organic to be the hardest but trust me if you’re show a little interest in it, it could give you the best return. Practice IUPAC nomenclature .Various effects such as inductive effect electromeric effect resonance and hyperconjugation.
- Hydrocarbons - Everything is important in this chapter. Dont ever try to ignore them because they are the basics and they are carried further in your class 12 chemistry.
- Environmental chemistry - This is the most ignored chapter from the student’s