I have filled my JEE Mains form in the general EWS category. Can I change it in the second attempt registration or in the JEE Advanced registration?

I have filled my JEE Mains form in the general EWS category. Can I change it in the second attempt registration or in the JEE Advanced registration?

If you are a general category student and filled general EWS due to some reason. or because you couldn’t get an EWS certificate. You don’t have to worry.

In JEE 2020, there was an option to change the category. One of my friends changed General to General-EWS on the second attempt. He got General EWS rank under 100 as he scored 99.9+ percentile. He applied for JEE Advanced with a General EWS category rank and his EWS rank was under 200.

But he could not arrange an EWS certificate during Jossaa counselling, so after 1st round, he was considered a general category student and he got IIT Mandi (Data Science or something related to this.) in the second round.

Hope this answered your question.

Best of luck for JEE 2023

Thank You

Yes, you can change your category from general to ews using JEE mains correction window.

As

NTA provides correction facility so that students like you can correct the mistakes that they do while filling the application form.

Correction Window for jee main February session will be opened on 19th January 2021 and correction can be made using correction window till 21st january 2021 .

Once the correction window gets opened, you need to visit the official page of JEE Mains i. e jeemain . nta . nic . in and login using your registration number and password and then you will be able to rectify your mistakes

But yes , while using the correction window you should make sure that all your details are correct because once you use the correction window , you won’t get another chance to use the correction window again as it is a single time facility. So, do check all the details twice.