Is practicing the NCERT questions for organic chemistry enough for the JEE Mains

Is practicing the NCERT questions for organic chemistry
enough for the JEE Mains.

2 Likes

If you want to score 100% in Organic Chemistry JEE
MAINS , Then NO, Ncert won’t be enough because
sometimes questions do come from the part which is not
given in NCERT . I came across these questions while I was
solving the archive . I have attached pics of these questions.
Out of 15–20 questions per chapter , there are around 3–5
questions which you won’t be able to solve with knowledge of
NCERT.
NTA will ask you 2 types of questions in jee mains .
1.) QUESTIONS directly from NCERT .
2.)QUESTIONS which will test your aptitude on the basis of
the concepts you have learnt from NCERT.
BUT mind it , it is sufficient only and only when you go
through the NCERT line by line and learn it by heart .
I got 90+/120 in chemistry in jee mains . I had gone through
the NCERT at least 10–15 times during my jee preparation.
FOR JEE ADVANCED , NCERT is mandatory and the most
important book for chemistry …
Although NCERT is not enough for jee advanced preparation,
it is still very very important for its preparation .
NCERT not only clears your basic fundamentals of chemistry
but it makes a strong foundation for your more advanced
studies as well…
I would like to bring this point to your notice again that NCERT
is DEFINITELY sufficient for JEE MAINS only and only when
you have gone through NCERT line by line and have
understood all the concepts by heart

practice

Practicing the NCERT questions for organic chemistry is a good start for preparing for the JEE Mains, but it is not likely to be enough by itself. The JEE Mains is a competitive exam that tests a wide range of concepts and skills, so it is important to have a comprehensive understanding of the subject and be able to apply your knowledge to a variety of different problems.

In addition to practicing NCERT questions, you should also:

1. Review the syllabus: Make sure you are familiar with the topics that will be covered on the exam and understand the weight given to each topic.
  2. Study from additional sources: Use other textbooks, study guides, and online resources to deepen your understanding of the subject and learn new concepts and skills.
  3. Solve practice problems: Work through as many practice problems as possible, including full-length practice tests. This will help you become familiar with the format of the exam and develop your problem-solving skills.
  4. Seek help when needed: If there are topics or problems that you are struggling with, don’t hesitate to ask your teacher or tutor for help. They can provide guidance and support to help you improve your understanding of the material.

By following these steps and putting in the time and effort to study and practice, you can increase your chances of doing well on the JEE Mains and achieving your goals.

Yes, NCERT books are enough for the JEE Mains Chemistry. Around 80% of questions from Chemistry in the JEE Mains exam will be from NCERT directly or indirectly. If you would have read NCERT properly you would be able to solve 65% of the questions easily.

Chemistry is one of the most scoring subject in JEE Mains so try to practice as much as possible. You can download mock tests online and practice them.

Solving previous year questions is very important. You can can check out Arihant book which has last 30-40 years of qustions.

Is NCERT enough for inorganic chemistry for JEE Mains?

Yes, NCERT is completely enough for Inorganic Chemistry for JEE Mains. The syllabus of inorganic is vast and they hardly ask 3-4 questions from s,p,d, and f block combined. So don’t waste a lot of time reading so many books instead I would suggest solving a lot of questions for inorganic chemistry.

I analyzed the JEE Mains papers and I observed they are even asking questions directly from NCERT exercise. They just change the language of the question. First, read NCERT line by line then solve the mock test.

Is NCERT enough for JEE Mains organic chemistry?

No, NCERT is not enough for JEE Mains organic chemistry. It has very little on General Organic Chemistry and it has also missed out on some oxidizing and reducing agents. So I would suggest reading these topics from anywhere else.

Is NCERT sufficient for JEE Mains Physical Chemistry?

NCERT book has all the formulas and concepts of Physical chemistry. So once you have read NCERT thoroughly you will not have a problem in solving questions of physical chemistry. But still, I would recommend you to have at least a formula booklet of any coaching institute.

Join Exprto for more answers

For jee mains organic chemistry, ncert is not enough. Because for ncert, you can only get the basic reactions. And while using a side reference book like advanced problems in organics chemistry by MS CHOUHAN you will get range of questions of organic chemistry.