Which topic in organic chemistry is toughest in the IIT-JEE?
In organic chemistry oxygen-containing compounds, Nitrogen-containing compounds and halides are considered the toughest part. You will study lots of reactions, and mechanisms in this part. This part will take more time not only for understanding but also because the syllabus is huge. But do not panic. Do not skip any topic. Try to complete all the chapters as soon as possible so that you will get more time for revision. Start with fundamentals, clear your basics. Then go for advanced level. Try to understand properly how the reactions are happening , what is the mechanisms and concepts behind it. While learning write down the reactions , mechanisms and exceptions. It is very important to understand the mechanisms very well. If you consult with IIT JEE toppers they will tell you how important this topic is . Many questions are asked in the exam based on mechanisms. Give more time, study a lot and revise them frequently. Try to solve more and more practice tests. These will make toughest things easier. You can visit this link to get related answer: https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-prepare-for-Organic-Chemistry-for-the-JEE/answer/Kalpit-Veerwal?ch=10&oid=88123675&share=1c8c791a&srid=hrUqLC&target_type=answer
Here are a few topics in organic chemistry that are typically considered to be among the toughest for the IIT-JEE exam:
- Reaction Mechanisms: Knowing how and why reactions take place is crucial in organic chemistry. The IIT-JEE often tests students’ knowledge of reaction mechanisms, including radical reactions, electrophilic additions, and nucleophilic substitutions.
- Stereochemistry: This branch of organic chemistry deals with the three-dimensional shapes of molecules and how they affect chemical reactions. Students must be able to recognize and manipulate stereochemistry concepts, such as chirality, enantiomers, and diastereomers.
- Carbonyl Compounds: Carbonyl compounds are molecules that contain a carbon atom double-bonded to an oxygen atom. This group of compounds includes aldehydes, ketones, carboxylic acids, and esters. The IIT-JEE often tests students on their understanding of the properties and reactions of carbonyl compounds.
- Aromatic Compounds: Aromatic compounds are organic molecules that contain a ring of atoms with alternating double bonds. These compounds have unique properties and are commonly used in organic synthesis. Students should be familiar with the properties and reactions of aromatic compounds, including electrophilic substitutions and nucleophilic additions.
- Biomolecules: Biomolecules are the building blocks of life and include carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, and proteins. Students must have a deep understanding of the structure, function, and reactions of these molecules to perform well on the IIT-JEE.
Remember that the difficulty level of organic chemistry topics may vary from year to year in the IIT-JEE exam. We should study all the topics thoroughly to perform well on the exam.
Join EXPRTO for personally mentoring on these tough topics