What are the most important topics in organic chemistry from IIT JEE point of view?
For IIT JEE preparation study is not sufficient, you need a strategy to make your study effective and improve your score. The best thing will be if you connect with an IIT JEE topper who can help you as a mentor. During preparation many doubts and queries come to students mind. An expert or IIT JEE topper who faces these things before can give you the best guidance. First you should aware of the whole syllabus. There are around 30 chapters of chemistry in JEE Mains syllabus. All of these are further divided into many sub-topics. Here are the most important chapters in chemistry from the IIt JEE point of view:
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- s-block elements
- Chemical Kinetics
- P-block element
- Coordination compounds
- Transition Elements (d and f block)
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure
- Basic principles of organic Chemistry
You can visit the link to get related answer: https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-most-important-topics-in-organic-chemistry-from-IIT-JEE-point-of-view/answer/Divik-Jain-1?ch=10&oid=219199256&share=062d6602&srid=hrUqLC&target_type=answer
Here are some of the most important topics in organic chemistry from the IIT JEE point of view:
- General Organic Chemistry: Basic concepts and principles such as bonding, isomerism, acidity and basicity, nomenclature, and stereochemistry.
- Hydrocarbons: Alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, and aromatic hydrocarbons, their preparation, reactions, and properties.
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes: Nomenclature, preparation, properties, and reactions of halogenated hydrocarbons.
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers: Nomenclature, preparation, properties, and reactions of alcohols, phenols, and ethers.
- Aldehydes and Ketones: Preparation, properties, and reactions of aldehydes and ketones. Related reactions such as the aldol condensation and Cannizzaro reactions.
- Carboxylic Acids and their Derivatives: Nomenclature, preparation, properties, and reactions of carboxylic acids, esters, amides, and acid chlorides.
- Amines: Nomenclature, preparation, properties, and reactions of amines, diazonium salts, and related compounds.
- Biomolecules: Structure, properties, and functions of carbohydrates, amino acids, peptides, proteins, lipids, and nucleic acids.
- Polymers: Types of polymers, their preparation, properties, and applications.
Remember that these topics are not exhaustive, and the IIT JEE exam can ask questions from any topic in organic chemistry. It is essential to have a thorough understanding of all the concepts and to practice a lot of questions to perform well in the exam.
Join Exprto for personal guidance