The NTA has given a statement that the NEET is strictly based on the NCERT. Does this mean that for Chemistry, each and every line is required or doing problems is enough?

The NTA has given a statement that the NEET is strictly based on the NCERT. Does this mean that for Chemistry, each and every line is required or doing problems is enough?

Nope, although it’s well written, it’s not enough (you’re in a competitive exam, not your boards).
For the physical and organic chemistry part, get your concepts clear from any other good book and solve problems from there. Touch NCERT for reviewing. NCERT segregates the ‘necessary for NEET’

content from your syllabus, rather than teaching you.
Inorganic chemistry is sufficient and should be followed strictly from the NCERT unless you want to traverse a never ending sea of reactions (and their exceptions) and end up forgetting everything (if you’re the average kid like me). Yes, each and every line is needed and doing problems is enough in this section.
For the former two topics (physical and organic), your concepts will aid you once you crack the exam and get into MBBS/BDS. If you take a shortcut (via NCERT) there, believe me, you’ll repent. You’ll fail to understand many important aspects of the first year subjects itself (physiology, biochemistry) and in the end you’ll have to ‘mug up’ without understanding

According to my past experience and trend of question papers in past 3-4 years, definitely a “big yes”, NCERT is enough for NEET.
But content of NCERT is definitely enough but it’s application given in NCERT is not enough and when it comes to refering NCERT as your only mode of preparation then its not enough.

Along with NCERT you should refer notes if you are attending any lecture particularly in inorganic and organic, because NCERT will give you data but not how to apply it and in inorganic application based question comes like orders, highest, lowest etc these kind of question. And for organic also reaction mechanism demands better approach and " Easily comprehensible language". And when it comes to physical then definitely direct application of formula and statement comes so it would be smat to go through solved example rather than going through lines of NCERT.