What are the best books that can be referred to, for JEE Mains and Advanced for preparation in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

What are the best books that can be referred to, for JEE Mains and Advanced for preparation in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

Okay, first something about me - I cleared jee in 2017, with 2796 rank in advanced and 3769 in mains. So you can consider me as the average achiever. To be frank I must say that since I’m just a normal student, so my advice literally works for you in the long run. I see some good answers here, but what I don’t like in those answers is -

1. The most upvoted answer is of toppers, who I don’t know why just suggest blindly many books, without giving a second thought.

2. Also, I don’t think that they consider the fact that like 99% also taking some coaching so you definitely have like their material

Okey, my first advice is to just don’t wasting like too much time on the books, consider your coaching material like bible, believe me, whatever your coaching is I guarantee you definitely find number of good question in that, so books in most of the cases should not be for practicing tough questions,

The books are to be considered if you feel weak in basics like when in my coaching the topic “equilibrium” was almost completed and I felt lost so I consider ed John E. McMurry, Robert C. Fay for physical chemistry.

So without wasting much of your time here are some books

1. Maths book-

a. NCERT class 11, 12 I think you obviously have this book, and just complete the NCERT within like 2–3 days of the start of the corresponding topic.

Reason: since the problems are easy, it gives u a good start and you find yourself comfortable

b. RD Sharma: only for the topics like permutations and combinations, probability, in the case you want to work on your basics. Instead of these topics just complete waste of time.

c. SL Loney coordinate geometry still just go through starting chapters to make your foundation strong, like In coordinate geometry you find some basic questions on origin shifting or x-y rotation, these are like one of the basic things you just can’t find anywhere else, neither in NCERT nor do much in your coaching sheets.

Also, remember that Sl Loney coordinate geometry has like 70% content which is just out of Jee syllabus, the just required new theory so don’t waste your time much if you find some question difficult.

Coming to** Sl Loney plane Trignometry , so this book is very good for practicing overall trigonometry,** just remember you need trigonometry everywhere whether its differentiation, integration, limits, in complex numbers, also in physics.**

so a very good book for practicing trigonometry which is actually required. You also do its miscellaneous question which is very good and Excellent.

Also, it has 80% plus content which is part of jee syllabus.

PS- a must do book for all.

d. Hall and Knight - Probability and P&C content, and some miscellaneous questions at the end of the book to develop a good habit for pure algebra question.

Also before 3–4 months before advance you can go for KD Joshi , Excellent book for maths question previous years solved jee questions. Those who don’t know about him, he’s the professor at IITB and set a number of papers of jee advanced (obviously in maths), what you learn in this book is to how to approach a problem, or what the mindset of the paper setter before the question.

That’s it for maths, you literally don’t need any other books, whether it is sample paper book or any other rubbish Indian author book. I literally suggest you like 20 books more on maths only, but in the end, you find yourself confused.

1. Physics book-

a. Personal advice, just don’t even read the NCERT book for physics, just go for the chapters, which are not covering in advance syllabus, so I assuming your coaching also don’t give much fucks about these topics like diodes or telescope, etc these topic are very important for mains, so you must go to NCERT just for these topics.

b. Hallidey Resnick walker, consider it for theory part, one of the awesome book.

c. Hc Verma: In the case, if you want to practice more or need some conceptually good questions.

PS- I don’t suggest you Irodov.

1. Chemistry:

2. In chemistry also just please don’t go for NCERT, if you are serious candidate for advanced, a complete waste of time and memory,but just go for inorganic chemistry , assume its like one of the bibles for inorganic, please just don’t waste your time on inorganic, NCERT covered inorganic nicely, and I guarantee you , you can like do minimum 3 out of 5 questions of inorganic in advanced.

Also for the jee mains, there are some chapter in 11,12th NCERT which are to be considered otherwise you good to go,

PS: These chapters are like too important for jee mains, so just go through them before like 2–3 months before mains.

Also the more you try to go for a different book in chemistry the more you find yourself confused, since it’s not like maths or physics, its chemistry where you have to memorize most of the things, so just don’t try to be extra smart.

2.John E. McMurry, Robert C. Fay for physical chemistry, for theory and question, believe me, one of the best book for theory in physical chemistry.

3.** SOLOMONS AND FRYHLE: **one of the good books for organic, the questions and theory are just too good, I personally use like Paula Bruce in starting, but then shifts to Solomons, the questions and theory are too good,

You can find two editions one is Jee edition( it sucks ) and normal edition( the one I prefer)

PS: for inorganic just don’t go for any books, just try to do your coaching question and for theory coaching notes and NCERT are more than enough because I’m sure you don’t want to find yourself drowning in the vast ocean of inorganic chemistry.

Also if you have wanted to take revenge from someone just suggest him JD Lee, and you find him hanging in his room after 2 months.

Finally I like to say that your coaching material is very good, you just need books if you feel like less confident, or feel hungry for more questions, then only, plus go for NCERT for Jee mains topic only , because NCERT is literally written very poorly, so you don’t get any help from these fat-ass Indian writers.

I’m currently in IITK, and many of my friends don’t even use any of the books (except - HC Verma and Solomons, off course NCERT), so finally best of luck for your JEE, you all rocks.

Best Books For JEE Advanced

PHYSICS:

• NCERT Textbooks
  • Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma (Highly Recommended)
  • Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
  • Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
  • IIT Physics by D.C. Pandey
  • Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov

CHEMISTRY:

• NCERT Textbooks
  • Organic Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
  • Organic Chemistry – Peter Sykes
  • Organic Chemistry – M. S. Chauhan
  • Organic Chemistry – Morrison and Boyd (This book covers a lot of topics with extensive detail. Make sure you highlight what is important before you proceed if you have a time constraint)
  • Physical Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
  • Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
  • Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations – R. C. Mukherjee (for practice)

MATHEMATICS:

• Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
  • Objective Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced and Other Engineering Entrance Examinations by R.D. Sharma
  • Trigonometry & Geometry: – Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney
  • Co-ordinate Geometry: – Plane Co-ordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney
  • Algebra: – Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
  • Calculus: – Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
  • Differential Calculus by A. Das Gupta.
  • Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE by Tata McGraw-Hill publications.