Why do some people not crack NEET? Many people work hard, study well, take practice tests, and are toppers in coaching. Yet they don't get more than 450 on the NEET. What mistakes do they make?

Why do some people not crack NEET? Many people work
hard, study well, take practice tests, and are toppers in
coaching. Yet they don’t get more than 450 on the NEET. What
mistakes do they make?

41 Likes

YES , It’s true but these cases are rare. but yet these cases
make a topper student anxious about his/her result .
Reasons behind such cases
Some topper students become lazy in their preparation before 1 or 2
months of main exam due to either anxiety or overconfidence
because of which they are not able to revise a vast syllabus in last
time ( That’s what happened with me in NEET 2020)
Lack of confidence before 2 to 3 days or on the day of examination
could be one reason for such things due to which they bacame
nervous and anxious during examination.
For these type of students i would only like to suggest one thing that
if you have work hard for your goal and never cheated yourself
during your preparations then no one can stop you to achieve your
goal . BE SELF CONFIDENT AND TRUST YOUR HARD WORK
WITHOUT GETTING DEMOTIVATED AND ANXIOUS

28 Likes

Many people work hard, study well, take practice tests, and are toppers in coaching. Yet they don’t get more than 450 on the NEET. What mistakes do they make?
This was exactly my query two years ago when i started my preparation. I heard stories of people who were really toppers in their schools and fast at grabbing concepts (so was i :stuck_out_tongue: ) but couldn’t crack NEET.

I didn’t get the answer then but i found it by my own, when i failed NEET in my first attempt. :’) everybody will have different reasons but for me, the reason was not working hard enough. I studied and revised so much until 5–6 months before exams. I stopped studying, simple. I procrastinated, wasted time on phone during lockdown in watching series, stupid vlogs of unknown people, etc.

(Yes

After reading all the answers, I thought I should give it a try. Since, you have asked about those mistakes, well other answers have described it very well. Though, I thought there needs an answer from someone who has actually experienced it.

and I have been in the exact situation that you have described in your answer. like, twice I have scored around 460 in AIPMT/NEET (2015 and 2016 ). From, my school life to coaching, those whoever had known me closely consider me as smart and intelligent, those who has been observing me and my performance without personal interaction consider me as hard worker and some of them who are in medical colleges say that I am really deserving to be a doctor.

and Also, in past 3 years I have observed students from all ranges and variety from winners, losers ( yeah, that’s me ) , hard workers, smart workers and finally lucky ones.

So, first of all you never know what’s enough. From being topper in class or scoring high on test series, there is always something left that you realise after not getting through it. In 2015, when my May’s AIPMT really went well, I felt like - “ finally my hard work is going to pay now” but, then when it was cancelled and AIPMT re- exam didn’t bring satisfactory result, I started believing that my hard work was not enough. Did my hard work changed in those 2 months? Human mind works in that way, we know how to convince ourselves. I remember , I was reading interview of AIIMS topper whose rank in AIPMT was not much satisfactory for her and she said - “ I regret that, I didn’t focus enough on NCERTs”.

1 Like